Career Opportunities/ Timor-Leste Land Reform Specialist(s)/ All Levels - Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks Timorese land reform professionals at all levels for an anticipated USAID- funded land tenure reform program to be based in Dili, Timor-Leste. The program will strengthen institutional capacity of organizations to produce high quality results on land related issues and strengthen understanding of land law and policy among citizens and government throughout Timor-Leste.
· Working knowledge of Timor’s formal and informal rural and urban land tenure systems
· Demonstrated understanding of informal and formal land administrative relationships at the national, regional and local level
· Experience working on donor-funded programs strongly preferred
· Fluency in English and Tetun required
· Deputy Chief of Party – manages project operations including finance and administration
· Institutional Development Specialist – leads activities to strengthen human and institutional capacity in government and civil society organizations
· Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – designs and implements monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems for program activities
· Public Outreach Specialist – leads program activities to increase public awareness of land reform and land administration issues
· Policy and Research Specialist- supports work of counterparts in the Timorese government to assess effectiveness of land administration arrangements through rigorous applied research programs.
Technical areas of expertise include:
· Governance/performance improvement of land administration
· Legal aspects of land ownership
· Curriculum design for land administration training
· Land use planning, including GIS
· Land conflict, including protected land issues
· Monitoring and evaluation of land tenure projects
· Gender sensitivity and analysis for land reform
· Finance and administration of USAID- funded projects
Please send CV (including references), cover letter, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 11th, 2013 indicating the position to which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted. More information about Chemonics International Inc. can be found at www.chemonics.com.